Music Banter - View Single Post - Need help with reggae tracks please
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 01:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
sashadjuric
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
OK, I missed that it was a mixoff - I was just using the
as leverage. Since this really isn't an ideal situation to make comparisons based on personal wishes,
I'd recommend that you either Google "mixtape reggae" (use any of the reggae styles in the search too)
and just listen and compare mixes/tunes. The other thing is sharing ideas back 'n' forth with your friend.
It's the first step to creating your own "stylee." Back in the 80's, if I wanted to probe the secrets of House,
I'd get with Frankie Knuckles or Ron Hardy, a.o. to learn and then bend the rules some to come up with
some variation. Giving you lists of things may not actually be all that helpful without hearing them in context.

That's where you come in.
Awesome, I'll definitely use these tips. Thanks heaps for that.

Add: I've just searched and found the rub a dub style with King Kong - Sweet Rub A Dub. Yep, so that's what I might open up the mixtape with and progress to the faster tracks towards the end eg. Steel Pulse - Your House.
Awesome. Can you let me know the different sub genres in the list. You've mentioned rub a dub, dancehall and roots, any other sub genres I can use for the mixtape?
PS:The only thing is we can't do the back 'n forth. We did it for the list, but now the challenge is to fill the rest of the mixtape out (80 mins) with out own searched extra tracks..So from Mr vegas to protoje (in the list) is a shared track list, now the hunt is on for those big tunes and riddims (which will gel with the list).

Last edited by sashadjuric; 04-20-2016 at 02:41 AM.
sashadjuric is offline   Reply With Quote