Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #2189 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
I have to ask, where does this Ducks hate come from? And before you say it's obvious, it's not. Is it SoCal?
My original hatred might stem from being a sens fan in 07 when they were completely manhandled by the ducks in the finals (but im an oiler fan first and I don't hate the hurricanes at all anymore).

Now though, I find the ducks having more and more players that I just don't like or find pretty gross. Perry and Getzlaf probably represent my two least favorite "star" players in the league. And then they go ahead and add kesler and bieksa from the equally gross early 10s canucks teams. Chris stewart, garbutt, perron. They have all of the "we play with an 'edge' while being insufferably whiney about it" thing going on. [as an aside, game 2 was the first game id watched via the ducks broadcast and holy hell it was the worst commentating ive ever heard. not just your usual lame homerism, they were crying about not getting breaks for the entire game and intermissions. just a complete lack of self awareness it was astounding.] I find myself getting attached to teams based on their personnel, and the ducks just have nobody (besides horcoff I guess) that I can stand to cheer for. and so I pray for them to burn out.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote