Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #3807 (permalink)
Chrome_Runner
Groupie

Default Songs with similar Acoustic Guitar as Curren$y's Bottom of the Bottle

I found this song on Spotify the other day: "Bottom of the Bottle" by Curren$y & August Alsina

It has a really cool/chill acoustic guitar backbeat (the kind that you can listen to in the car on a summer day), and I've been having a really difficult time finding similar songs or even the exact genre.

What I've already searched for: "acoustic rap" (result: mostly covers), "acoustic guitar" (result: overly broad genre; I can only describe as "love songs" or "campfire music"), mellow guitar (result: more love songs), acoustic chill rap (result: nothing on Spotify)

I also tracked down the guitarist, Geoffro Cause, and didn't anything that matched up to the theme.

Similar songs with good acoustic guitar backbeats:
  • Suga Suga - Baby Bash
  • Ride With Me - Nelly
  • Light up - Baby Bash
  • Downtown - August Alsina

IMO these all belong in the same specific "genre", but what is it? I've never had such a hard time finding a pinpoint-specific genre before, it may be because my background is mostly in the rap/hip-hop area.

At this point I don't really think there's a specific name for it. What other songs/artists are out there which go along with this acoustic guitar backbeat theme?

FYI: this would help a lot of fellow Googlers, who are mostly rap listeners, looking to enter the world of acoustic artists/songs. August Alsina is a Billboard artist, yet there are no similar song/artist recommendations from Google or Spotify.
Chrome_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote