Music Banter - View Single Post - Any Google Fi customers on MB? I'm considering leaving V's unlimited data behind!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default Any Google Fi customers on MB? I'm considering leaving V's unlimited data behind!

innerspaceboy has this crazy idea...

It looks like I avg 11-15GB a month and peak at 120GB of data usage on my cell.

Thus far keeping my grandfathered-in unlimited data plan has been the clear choice. But after the last price hike, I'm paying $117 a month for one phone.

I'm thinking about Project Fi. $20 per month for unlimited talk and text, and you buy whatever data you want at $10 per gigabyte. Unused GBs are credited back to the user. It's only available on a few Nexus devices but I'm a big fan of the series.

Considerations:

I spend 99% of my life in a one-mile radius of my village. Every day. At home, I've got 65kbps FiOS so I'd just hop on my WiFi every time I walk in the door.

The cafe I visit on weekends for research/writing also has free and reliable Wi-Fi, as do most of the places I frequent in the city.

The Test:

I'm going to spend a few weeks living off Wi-Fi to see what impact it has on my data usage. On paper, if I hit 9GB I still come out ahead. I'm going to try to keep it around 3GB which would effectively cut my bill in half after taxes and fees.

Potential annual savings at 3GB = $684. Worth looking into!

Are there any Fi customers on MB? I'd love to hear about your experience with the service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote