Music Banter - View Single Post - Quantum-jump apart
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

The only band I know on your list is Humble Pie for their song 30 Days in the Hole. The others are more or less bands that were obscure. I assume they are a little more known recently cause they had albums uploaded on Youtube etc. I am vaguely familiar with Jeronimo and a few others.

A quantum leap entails an instantaneous switch from one level to another. I don't know if you have prove this. Not every one has heard all of those albums so I wouldn't assume they would know how they changed and you didn't mention what was about their sound that has changed so drastically. If you take Humble Pie for instance, there are four albums and four years in between "As Safe as Yestetday" and "Eat It." It seems their sound evolved during those intermediate albums rather than had a "quantum jump."

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote