Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #233 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post

Checking out the demo put out by Tristan which can be found here:
https://generaldisregard.bandcamp.co...dier-2016-demo

It's extremely short so I figured why the hell not? Immediately you can tell this is a definitely a lo-fi type of act but there's definitely some charm to be found there. First track Uncle Charlie is a really crunchy little punk song with a simple power chord guitar riff and some unintelligible vocals. Really cool outro to it though, how did you make those sounds? Second track Train Hopping is a much bluesier affair and less of an assault on the ears. Cool little tune but very musically simple. Next track Gorgasm is back to the louder punk feel. Not quite as big on this one, the drums are way too loud in the mix. Around the 1 minute mark things get more interesting though, I dig this sound more. Fun drum start to White People! A fine 40 seconds. I think a whole bunch songs have started identically to Amphetamine so it leaves me a little unimpressed to be honest. Lol @ "Tristan likes some really ****ty bands" with a harmonica in the background. Funny stuff. My favorite track. Overall I'd definitely listen to a full album of this if you released one and tried to be a little more creative with the songwriting. Thumbs up homie
Thanks bud. We were going to record another track which probably would've been better than all the oters and had a Ty Segall flair to it, but plans fell through. We're definitely planning on putting a lot of thought into our full-length when we get around to it.

I'll listen to the Daydream Society I haven't heard yet eventually to review it.

Edit: Also it's a shame the lyrics we're so unintelligible on Uncle Charlie, I loved those lyrics. It was a story about Charles Manson kidnapping a boy on New Years Eve, full of fun little family references. I'll append the full lyrics on the page later.

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote