Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 06:02 PM   #16341 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Trying to explain what Evangelion is about would require a 10-page academic paper with MLA formatting. In a nutshell, teenagers pilot giant robots to stop the human race from being turned into a gestalt entity, both literally and metaphorically becoming one with God (or becoming God).

Close.

Spoiler for Show's plot:
15 years fter a devestating event called Second Impact, the secret organization NREV finds an Angel, an extra-terrestrial creature prophecized about in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It wouldn't be the last to come.
NERV creates Evas, or evangelions. They are living war machines created to withstand the Angels. The evas need pilts, and one of them is troubled teenager Shinji Ikari, son of the apathetic Commender Gendo Ikari who runs NERV,

If you want more of an explanation, keep reading I can sum the majority of it quickly. If not, don't. But the movie might be confusing. You see, knowing the plot made me extremely hyped to see it. That and wathing this:

Spoiler for More story:
The secret plot of NERV is to destroy the angels to unleash Third Impact. Humans were created by an ancient race, but they did not all look human. They were originally these angels. The first two, dubbed Adam and Lilith, came to Earth. And humans are called "Lilin" the spawn of Lilith. It is revealed that Rei, the first eva pilot, carries the soul of Lilith (or her DNA), and she, when reunited with Lilith's body and carrying a piece of DNA from Adam, would bring about Third Impact. An impact would occur whenever a child of Adam (Angel) and a child of Lilith (man) contacted. Through that process, there are multiple ways of doing that. In the final plot, Gendo's way (or another version of Gendo's way) turned Rei into Lilith. Afterwards, she would create Human Instrumentality, a time when the bodies of humanity would become primordial soup and their souls would emerge as one into a god-like being and the major plot of the villains including Gendo and the secret organization SEELE, who wanyed themselves to be the only ones merged. Of course, Rei went solo and did it hherself. Shinji stops this project by convincing Rei, now Lilith, that individuality is key to life. Rei accepts, and humanity is revived.

That's the shorter version, anyway. The poster is probably a sea of LCL.

Anyway, I'd love a second season going more into the organization SEELE.

Last edited by JGuy Grungeman; 04-29-2016 at 06:37 PM.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote