Music Banter - View Single Post - Stuff That Is Awesome
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #1824 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
I'd like to take some photos of this cathedral. By the way, architecture with architects is not always better. For instance, this is the National Architects Union Headquarters in Bucharest, Romania:

^ Pretty embarrassing for the Romanian Architects Union to have a building that is such a clumsy mix of old and new. Not only does the old building look overloaded, but the horizontal banding on the new section actually exaggerates the effect.

Thanks for the photos of the other "freak" buildings; they certainly catch the attention, but I'm glad I don't live near any of them, which would mean seeing them every day. They may look interesting at a glance, but I don't think they have any lasting charm.
And here's a strange house in Oxford - the strangest thing of all being how they got planning permission to do this in an otherwise ordinary residential street. In a way it's fun, but again, I wouldn't like to be the poor neighbour whose house is across the street from such a curiosity.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 04-30-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote