Music Banter - View Single Post - Amazing "Micro Moments" in Music
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

This whole thread could be about Beefheart songs.

Not sure if this counts as a micro moment, but I love the part that starts at 1:45 where they transition from one theme to the next. It sounds like studio editing, but the members of the band are switching to the closing theme one by one and it's ****ing awesome.

The part where Beefheart says "when they could be filled with light and back with wings" because it sounds like he's a really wasted priest or something who just doesn't give a ****. Maybe I just say priest because he's a god to me.

Two parts for this one. The first is after the breakdown at 1:04 when the detuned guitar becomes way more apparent. The second is at 1:42 when he says "and laugh at your tire tracks if you get up" because it adds a lot of depth to the song that I didn't pick up on for a while and the way he sings it is awesome.

Lastly, at 1:10 "black lady black leather lady black lady black leather lady don't have a white white white poor son."

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote