Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #2220 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'm not trying to be rude, but Portland is really not high up on the list of potential expansion cities.

My apologies then

10 cities that could land an NHL franchise - Raw Charge

"Essentially, Portland's chances of gaining a hockey team are comparable to those of Seattle. And it may have the upper hand.

Paul Allen, owner of both the Seattle Seahawks (NFL) and Portland Trail Blazers (NBA), was speculated to have urgent plans in bringing an NHL team to the City of Roses earlier this year, but has since pulled back on the reins. The city's biggest advantage is the Trail Blazers' Moda Center, also owned by Allen, that can cater to a hockey team.

Aside from the success of the Trail Blazers in terms of attendance and fan support, there is really no way to accurately assess how an NHL team would fare in the city, but the idea seems plausible given the longterm establishment of the Portland Winterhawks (WHL). And just like Seattle, a team in this region would fill a large hole and also be an ideal rival to the Vancouver Canucks"

The biggest upside is that an NHL franchise could play in Portland right now. Portland is the 2nd largest metro area (after Seattle, which does not have a suitable arena ready to go) that doesn't have an NHL team. The Portland Winterhawks of the WHL are BY FAR the most successful American team the the history of the CHL. The only weakness I can think of is the perception that the Trail Blazers play a concurrent season with the NHL, I personally believe the success of the Winterhawks debunks that theory, but that's the only possible issue I see.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote