Music Banter - View Single Post - Why is new/modern music so much louder?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
But why is it even a legit thing when there is a volume control? I have problems where music I find online isn't loud enough like on YouTube.

I don't understand what you are getting at about Sixties purist, everyone is a purist of some sort even Metalheads.
I'm annoyed by the same thing about low volume, so the Loudness Wars doesn't bother ME at least, but a lot of people who listen to pre-Loudness Wars music get really bitchy about that ****, and use it as an excuse to complain about new music the same way that they would otherwise. Just like if they were going to complain that pop music today just isn't as good as it was in the sixties, cause the Beatles invented good music and nobody else could replicate the idea of music that isn't bad. Except they cloak that snobbery by talking about the Loudness Wars.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote