Music Banter - View Single Post - College Campuses - A War on Free-Speech and Diversity of Opinion?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
People need to learn what Free Speech actually means before tossing it around so flippantly.

Free Speech only applies to being able to say what you want about the government in a public space without being arrested for it.

This isn't just about disagreeing with someone's opinion.
This just reminded me of a picture I saw this morning while scrolling through my Facebook timeline. A picture of Caitlyn Jenner with the caption that claimed she had announced her support for Donald Trump, and that because of it, the page that posted the picture and those who shared it, were stating she was "no longer welcome on this world."

Regardless of if there's any truth behind the support for Trump or not,
I'm not really bothered to look into, but what bugs me is that people would state someone isn't welcome on this world just for having a difference of political views. Why do people hate Trump? Because he makes himself look like a racist, hateful clown most of the time. With that being said, how can people justify being just as hateful towards him? He's free to spread his message just as is anyone else, and in a case like that, it is about just disagreeing with someone's opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote