Music Banter - View Single Post - College Campuses - A War on Free-Speech and Diversity of Opinion?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
People need to learn what Free Speech actually means before tossing it around so flippantly.

Free Speech only applies to being able to say what you want about the government in a public space without being arrested for it.[/B]

No doll, the KKK can march and hold alleys without being arrested and express their views on everything not just the government.

There are a few limitations on Freedom of Speech in general, you can't say things that will incite a riot, hate speech, bomb threats, etc.

Say tomorrow right everyone's families were taken away and all that were left was 1 person from each family and they all got together and 1 person said, to a large group that has now gathered outside in utter amazement, "LETS GO GET OUR FAMILIES BACK! HELL NO MOTHA****AS THIS AIN'T RIGHT." That's not inciting a riot, or hate speech that's pointing out the obvious loudly.

This isn't just about disagreeing with someone's opinion.

You're right it's about the state/ colleges telling people what they can and cannot say.

In short **** Ben and everything he stands for. I don't care to hear anymore of his opinions. Sure, he can have them but that doesn't mean I have to put up with/listen to them.

Love the title of this thread btw, it reads like a Fox News headline.
You're right you don't have to listen. But you don't get to brand the person, or shut down their right to say it in places like colleges bro.

Your rights end when your personal bubble ends and mine begins. So no you don't get to impose your views on me and make me shut up because you don't like to hear it. You can walk away. As I can. BUT NOTE I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT. And colleges cowering to this whole 'hate speech movement" is ludicrous.

Remember when a hate crime was actually going out and beating someone to death because they were black, gay, Jewish, or whatever. Now if you look at them wrong, say something they don't like, or deem offensive or whatever now that's considered hate speech/hate crime and you get a stigma attached to you and a brand. Instead of, if you actually go out and do horrible things to people being handcuffed and locked up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote