Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:47 AM   #8358 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Finally got around to playing the game that The Batlord has hyped so much and that is Alien Isolation and being a survival horror enthusiast I was intrigued to see just how this played , especially since a lot of movie tie-ins are never really that good.

I'm now several hours into the game and so know what's what and I can honestly say no game has made me crap myself with terror for a long time Avoiding renegade humans on the station was reasonably tense, the synthetic Joes were even more stressful as they're hard to kill, but nothing prepared me for the terror that the actual alien would bring, even now when I can't avoid it I just end up dying in panic.

I've spent most of the game in either blind panic, trembling or just cowering under tables. I find the use of the motion monitor stressful as when it beeps you know there is something close by, I find hiding in closets stressful (given the noise it makes and lack of vision) and most of the weapons seem useless but the diversion ones are important. Even the save areas are not safe zones like they always used to be in the early Resident Evil games, in fact the only time I feel safe is under a table or in a duct.

As for the actual game, it's certainly one of the impressive recent survival horrors.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote