Music Banter - View Single Post - College Campuses - A War on Free-Speech and Diversity of Opinion?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #95 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
The reason I say it is naive is because it's very short sighted and you aren't looking at the bigger picture. You talk about short term band aid solutions but you aren't even looking anywhere near what the bigger problem is and how systemic it is. Ask yourself who is really profiting from the kids in those situations.
The people profiting are no longer the direct cause though. Things were set in motion long ago, and now it's running like a well oiled machine. Racial profiling, systematic oppression, and the "system" are not what people should be focusing on to improve their situation. It's been going on so long it has been adopted as part of the culture and embraced, either the community decides it will no longer accept the conditions years of history have created or they will continue down the same road. It's very hard for anyone outside to have a revolutionary impact.. This is true of all communities or groups as I stated earlier when I compared how change has happened with black, women, and gay rights.

Point the finger all you want, I'd prolly agree with the direction you point it. Bottom line is: identifying the cause does not create a solution without action, and there is currently not enough action(or the right kind of action) to create change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 05-09-2016 at 07:07 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote