Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 08:41 PM   #542 (permalink)
MusicNewb1981
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You also don't need a big production studio to produce and release your own music anymore, so homogeneous statements like these aren't really applicable.
That proves my point, it is cheaper to make...for everyone. But cheaper doesn't mean good and when cheap means it doesn't take talent to produce it, there is something wrong there. It takes the talent out of the picture, talent is expensive.

Quote:
There's good music being made still, surprisingly, so your demand is supplied hugely. Also, the blockbuster method does not mean that the films are quality.
But, but, but the externality is that good films are funded through the money made by blockbusters...so, the money spreads into more artistic endeavors.

Quote:
Expensive =/= good. I've played 45 dollar guitars that sound far better than 3000 dollar guitars. And I'd also like to mention once again that there's too much good music out there to even listen to. You describe a non-issue here.
I play guitar and piano. I am not referring to rock but music in general. My tastes are R&B, Soul, Blues, Funk...etc...a guitar isn't mandatory for good music.
MusicNewb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote