Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 06:10 AM   #548 (permalink)
MusicNewb1981
Groupie

Well, for anyone still lurking who sympathizes with the idea. I have a feeling the problems with music will be fixed in the next ten years. Here is what I see as the solutions that are going to happen.

1) Greater localization of artists will influence mainstream music. What I mean by this is music will become very regional. If you live in an area with a music scene, the music scene will become ever more vibrant with more and more people seeking it out. This will spill over to the mainstream.

2). The middle class artists will emerge. As music appeals to smaller markets the goal of the musician will move away from making it big to a more reasonable goal of just making a middle class living. This will lead to a greater diversity of artists for the mainstream to use.

3). More and more companies like Tidal will emerge and become competitive. As the trend to pay artists more continues the price of music will increase with the trade-off is that it will be better, more expensive music. This will spill into the mainstream.
MusicNewb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote