Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #558 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicNewb1981 View Post
It's not about smarter, it's about production value and musicality. The Beatles and Stones wrote quite a bit about society especially religion and their music was erotic. Go onto a Beatles forum and they talk about it quite a bit. They did it in a relatable and subtle way. Ah, who cares if you don't get it...you will never get it.
Either you're an over-forty fuddy duddy, or an under-thirty try-hard. This is entry-level musical elitism, brah. You gotta step your game up if you're gonna hang with us. I spam Ke$ha and then berate people for being pussies cause they can't take a little grindcore, after which I make the odd post about how I'm really digging some art rock record from the seventies, as if that makes me not a cretin.

Join us.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote