Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #559 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicNewb1981 View Post
It's not about smarter, it's about production value and musicality. The Beatles and Stones wrote quite a bit about society especially religion and their music was erotic. Go onto a Beatles forum and they talk about it quite a bit. They did it in a relatable and subtle way. Ah, who cares if you don't get it...you will never get it.
Here's the thing that you aren't realizing though. There were thousands of other artists on the radio around the same time as the Beatles and the Stones, and do we talk about them anymore? No. We can act like every band and artist from the 60's right through to the 90's wrote songs with as much "societal meaning" as those two did if you want, but that isn't the case. There was, and always will be pop acts who are successful for having music that is simple, direct, and easy to process. Does that make it bad? No. You don't have to like anything, but you should respect that not every one out there wants to listen to music with deeper lyrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote