Music Banter - View Single Post - Your History as a Musician
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
FranPZ
Music Addict

When did you start playing?
I was 12.

What was your first instrument?
It was my father's Yamaha classic guitar. I played it for one or two years, then I started to play my father's Fender.

What were the first songs you learned?
Simple songs, chosen by my teacher. They were Stand by me, Generale, Knockin on heaven's door, Il gatto e la volpe...those songs were not bad, but after a few songs like those, I asked to my teacher "could you let me play something by Nirvana?" So he taught me how to play Polly, Heart shaped box, Smells like teen spirit and so on.

Did you take lessons and for how long? What was your teacher like?
I took lessons for three years. My teacher, Dino, is one of the best guitarists in my area. His lessons weren't boring, he is a nice and funny man.

When was your first performance?
It was in 2011 with my first band.

When did you start or join your first band? What did you play? How long did it last?
I started playing with a friend of mine, Donato, in 2011, in April or May. In the same summer three other friends joined us. First we played songs like Knockin on Heaven's door, Il mio corpo che cambia by Litfiba, Happy Hour by Ligabue....after our first exhibition, two members of the band left us. Then we started to play our own songs. It lasted until october in 2012, when the singer and lead guitarist left the band because he was going to go living in Turin. Then I joined another band in 2014 and I left it in the same year.

Do you still play?
Yes, I'm still playing. I'm playing guitar (but also bass, sometimes) in a band with my friend Donato and another friend of us, Gabriele, who is an amazing guitarist.
FranPZ is offline   Reply With Quote