Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #563 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicNewb1981 View Post
No, it's not that. Many of us have lives outside of the internet. Not all people are happy to be at home playing video games and posting on safe spaces such as Reddit. Many of us go out, look for adventures, have lives.

You two dudes are internet millenials. Trust me terrorists aren't going to kill you if you go to dive bars to catch local musicians and Hip Hop artists perform.

In talking to older middle class musicians there is a Southern music scene which is vibrant and a Chicago scene that is vibrant. In Southern CA, we have quite a few local hero's and the scene is growing. Again, but you got to get out of the house...but if you cannot relate to people maybe it is better if you stay in your safe spaces, let the big boys live life.
I'm not a millennial, I'm almost 40. And I see a lot of live music, I'm not even sure why you jumped to that weird conclusion. Also, I'm well aware that Chicago has a vibrant music scene, I was part of it for half a decade.

My comment about the internet going out of style was a joke. What I'm saying is that the internet has forever de-regionalized music—and that's a good thing. Where you used to hope that people where you lived would be interested in what you wanted to play, now you have the ability to connect with people all over the world.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote