Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:22 AM   #1250 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I found a picture of you as a kid.
You still haven't addressed my point. Which is the party that goes out of its way to support all things big business at the expense of anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
For example gun safety is great. But it can not infringe upon the right to own a gun and your right to own a gun is so that you are never ever more out gunned then your government.
Come on. Don't give me the textbook response. The US military could squish out the largest civilian militia as easily as I could swat a mosquito off my arm. Gun control is as much about safety as it is regulation. Should I be able to walk into my local gun shop and buy a couple of dozen rifles and handguns and 5,000 rounds of ammo without some sort of checks and balances? Should sawed off shotguns be made legal again? How about fully automatic machine guns? Should Amazon be able to start selling bazookas?

The 2nd amendment is not black and white. The founding fathers really screwed up with their choice of syntax when they wrote it. That's why it's still being debated to this day.

This is an excellent read on the 2nd.

The Second Amendment: A Biography: Michael Waldman: 9781476747453: Amazon.com: Books

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 05-11-2016 at 08:30 AM.