Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 02:47 PM   #16540 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
When you see just how awesome the Chitauri invasion was, and how well integrated it was into the story of The Ultimates, then you can't help but feel that the final battle of The Avengers was lazy writing. But I thought The Avengers was overrated even before I read The Ultimates, so...

But seriously, read The Ultimates. It just might be the best Avengers story ever written, and quite possibly can't be topped simply due to the alternate universe, deconstructionist nature of the comic. It's like the Avengers meets Watchmen. Ant-Man puts his wife into the hospital in a domestic squabble, Thor may or may not be a mental patient, the Hulk repeatedly attempts to rape or eat multiple people, Iron Man is still an alcoholic, and Captain America is a cheap, white knighting relic of the 40s. And best of all, it literally predicted Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
Alright, fine. Give me a link you dick.

Quote:
And Spider-Man 1 & 2 are also overrated. They were great for their time, and I LOVED them as a kid, but now that comic book movies have "evolved", they're relics. Fun relics, but they just don't hold up anymore. Even Amazing Spider-Man 1, as ****ing flawed as it is, might actually be better. James Garfield is certainly superior to Tobey MaGuire at the very least.
Okay now you're REALLY wrong. I never quite understood why Tobey McGuire got so much slack for that role, I still think he was pretty convincing all things considered. Regardless, Homecoming should kick some major ass despite the horrible name choice/logo they used when they revealed it.

Quote:
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote