Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 07:10 PM   #11240 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Sometimes this place goes completely off the rails.

So just because you have the opinion that a song is bad means the singer is also, by default, bad. Dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

I already know what the comeback is going to be about what I'm gonna say next.

Maria Carey has the longest running number 1 song in US chart history. She's sold 200 million albums worldwide. She signed the largest recording contract of all time, $100 million. She's had more #1 hits (18) than any other solo artist ever. She's won 5 Grammys, 19 World Music Awards, 11 American Music Awards, and 14 Billboard Music Awards. She's in the Guinness Book of World Records for her vocal range. She has 12 RIAA certified platinum albums and 2 diamond albums.

Point being a whole lotta people worldwide like her songs and have for almost 30 years. So in the grand scheme of things the fact that a few of you folks here think she's a bad singer with bad songs is, and of course your entitled opinion, kinda dumb.

Waits on Frownland's standard response in 5... 4... 3... 2...

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote