Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #11258 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Their vocal abilities? The quality of their voice? Their control of dynamics? Their ability to emote?

Carey has released over a hundred songs. Have you heard them all? Have you heard her entire unplugged performance? What are you basing your "she sucks" opinion on? A few things you've heard on the radio?
Why waste my time on listening something I don't like. I don't like what I heard so far and I guess I won't like all the other stuff if took the time I listen to it. It seems like a waste of time, and why waste time on something I feel with almost certainty I won't like, when I can listen to music I do like.

If she has talent I won't deny it. Since I don't listen to her I can only go by what I see other people say. Most people (who like Pop music) think she a strong singer. Almost by consensus of Pop fans and music critics she has a strong voice and a wide range. But she isn't a favorite singer of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
No my opinion is dumb because I actually hold her to the minimum standard of singing good songs.
But you equated good singers to having good songs. I don't see the reverse being true. I know other singers with quieter voices and a smaller vocal range, but still make "good songs," really good songs. The craft of writing recording/releasing preforming"good songs" isn't dependent on technical abilities. Good songs can come from not so good singers.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote