Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #363 (permalink)
Key

Although I do play a lot of indie games, there are still quite a few that I have never played, but I have made plans to do so. Some I will never play even though they look interesting, but the ones i'll mention here are ones that have caught my eye and will make their debut in my steam library at any given time. So here we go...

First on the list we have Stardew Valley

I was and still am a big fan of these types of 2D RPG'esque style games. I remember playing the **** out of Harvest Moon many moons ago, and that's more the reason why this game caught my eye as soon as I heard of it's release. I hear it's a lot of fun and there's a lot to it, more than what you can see in screenshots. This will definitely be among the first games I check out when I feel the time is right. Which will probably be very soon. I feel the urge to sink myself into a game like this, so I feel it's the perfect game to do so.

Next on the list is a game i've actually had in my Steam wishlist for a while, and even through all the sales it's gone through, I still have yet to pick it up.

The Forest

I believe as of right now, the game is still in it's early access phase, but from what I've seen, it looks pretty cool. It doesn't look like anything too mindblowingly great which is why I have hesitated to pick it up, but one of these days, I will have the urge to play a game like this again. To me, it looks like another Minecraft-esque survival game. However, the tags "horror" and "open world" are what have drawn me into it for this long. No idea when I'll plan to pick it up or even play it for myself. I'm comfortable just leaving it to watching Youtube videos for the time being.

The next one is one that I really want to play, like really bad, but to me it seems like there is a lot going on. It's none other than Subnautica.

Again, it is in early access, much like The Forest, but unlike The Forest, this game actually looks incredibly promising in it's current stage. I've seen a few Youtube videos on it so far, and to me, it looks like a game that is both original, and could potentially allow for hours of awesome gameplay. I am a sucker for games that allow you to go underwater and explore, because the ocean is so vast. A game that allows for such a vast experience really sits well with me.

The last one on the list for now has to be a game that I have seen a lot of videos on, but have yet to check out for myself for unknown reason. I'm talking of course about Game Dev Tycoon.

There are a lot of these type of "simulator" and "player management" style games out there right now, but Game Dev Tycoon seems to have caught my eye more than those ones have, unless you count Euro Truck Simulator and the like. I've not checked this game out for myself yet for one reason: i've pretty much seem what it has to offer in the videos that i've watched. However, I do like to give games my fair share, and I know an experience at a personal level can be much different than an experience through video. No plans to check this game out in the near future, but it is one that I would like to play if not just for the experience and to say that I have played it. Also seems like a game that I could play if I was bored and had nothing else to play.