Music Banter - View Single Post - Prince vs. Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 05:25 AM   #213 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Prince! Easy choice. I got rid of my Michael Jackson discs a while ago, but I'm slowly getting closer to having every single Prince album. Slowly means I currently have half his studio albums and I like most of them. He's got 30+ legitemate studio records and quite a batting average. Impressive!
MJ - charitably counted - had 6,5 albums, a couple of which bore me to death (post humous albums don't count - they were never intended to be albums by MJ himself)(the 0,5 album would be the 5 brand new songs on Blood on the Dancefloor).
I love MJs voice and some of his songs are cool, but I just find Prince more musically interesting. More detailed arrangements, more groove, less dance-beat oriented. Prince was also a brilliant guitarist. Many latter day Prince albums were hardly master pieces, sure, but he did have some moments of pure brilliance when inspiration struck. Planet Earth and the 3rd Eye Girl album from 2014 are both great discs.
Listened to Gold Experience, Chaos & Disorder and Emancipation recently. Even those were very enjoyable.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote