Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #11337 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Of course I know Freak Out is a Zappa record.

I've been clear on my opinions about the mediocrity of TW so I'm with you there. I just took your post to mean John Waite is by far supreme over both Waits AND Zappa.

And I can't say I know crap about John Waite except very surface so while my post was a little skeptical and challenging I'm not ruling out the possibility you're right. I went bonkers when I read that some people on here respect Zappa more than Beefheart.
Well any artist that does at bare minimum one good song achieves more than anything Tom Wait done - at least in my book. And I completely left Zappa out, as to avoid a full fledged flame war between John Waite and Frank Zappa fans... as highly unlikely as it may seem if they would ever do battle against each other, well at least maybe not in this universe. Maybe there is an alternative-universe where their fans constantly battle each other.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote