Music Banter - View Single Post - Have you ever forced yourself to like an album?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I bought this album in a cut-out bin. I didn't get into it right away. However it was my go to album when I need an album to fall asleep to, because of the slow pace of the music. I would play it at very low volume and listen to it till I dozed off. I didn't set out to force myself to like the album, however after listening to it night after night it became a favorite of mine.

Well I set out to look for some old 60s' Psychedelia. I gave Pipers at the Gates of Dawn a try because of all the hype I've seen about it, but I couldn't get into it at all. I found this as a related albums for other Psychedelic albums. I was wasn't too impress at first but I persisted to give the whole album, which took about a week, because I would listen to a few songs a day at a time. It reminds me of mix of bands around the same time like The Monkees, The Association, The Beach Boys, and John Fred & His Playboy Band. I think it's a pretty cool album cover, it's very Austen Powers-esque. The music is ok, it's a bit slow & mellow, but for some reason I can't get into vocals.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote