Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 08:41 PM   #260 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Regarding "arctic ambient," not all of the pieces here are ambient,
but they do use icebergs as sound sources. I have one that I
created a little over a year ago here.
The producer of the recent KLF drone releases spoke highly of Polar Sequences, and recommended Nautic Depths - North Passage (el culto) and the artist, Netherworld for further listening. I'll be exploring them in the days ahead.

Icebergsongs is a noble undertaking. It's great to see artists uniting under an important environmental theme, and I enjoyed the compositions I experienced when I visited the page. Thank you!

But your own piece from the series was something else entirely. I was instantly intrigued by the opening 30 seconds of chveang kau’k and knew right away that I needed to give it a proper listen in my circumaural monitors. I'm glad I did because it was a most rewarding listening experience. From what sounded like audio interpolation, I wondered whether the piece was produced using Paulstretch or a similar dilation agent. I was entranced by the nuanced ever-shifting character of the drone - subtle variations in frequency, intensity, and balance which transfix the listener's attention in a zen-like state of conscious and subconscious focus.

I'm equally curious about the source audio, the process, and the (perhaps Indonesian?) title, (is that, "change you?").

From what I was able to find, it appears your work explores many subjects I enjoy, such as Eastern Philosophy, Fluxus, Situationism, Information Theory, Psychoacoustics, Generative Music, Interactive Art and Installation work, Field Recording, Electroacoustics, etc.

Similarly astounding was your roster of fellow musicians with whom you'd had the pleasure to study. To a humble student such as myself, (with a portrait of Stockhausen hanging amongst my wall of musical heroes), I would love to survey more of your work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote