Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #12427 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

No One Deserves Happiness by The Body

This is, hands down, the eeriest album I've listened to so far this year. From the way Chip King's feint, screeched vocals are contrasted against those of the guest female vocalist who delivers beautifully sung, Bjork-esque lines throughout the project, down to the heavy, sludgey, drone guitar riffs that rip through layers of distortion only to be elevated by the industrial drum tracks that just as easily could be found on an IDM album, this thing is guaranteed to make you feel uneasy. And if that wasn't enough, the album even showcases some influence from the ritual ambient scene, to create even more of a hellish, dark, soundscape.

Saying all that, I'm still a little unsure of exactly where this sits with me. I'm a little polarized after finally giving it a couple of full listens, but I do know that I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote