Music Banter - View Single Post - Internet censorship and the death of free speech.
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #159 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
He knows all that there IS TO KNOW, which means currently. He can look into the future if he wanted, but only if he deems necessary, like the Book of Revalations.
I think this is basically like the, "Can God make a boulder so heavy even he couldn't lift it?" question, except it can't be dismissed as frivolous. Can God choose to not know something if he's all-knowing? If he can then he's not all-knowing. If he can't then he's not all-powerful. I'd like to see something to back your claim up. It just sounds like a rationalization.

Regardless, he created you, which encompasses everything I said before, and even if he somehow can be all-knowing and still not know the fate of his creations, the result is the same: you have no say in what you do, because you were designed down to the smallest detail. You're a bullet fired from a gun, bound by the laws of physics (or God's will), but the only difference is that now the shooter has closed his eyes. Now God is just responsible for being the cause of every horror ever perpetrated on humankind due to his refusal to act to the greatest of his abilities, only now he can't even claim to have an actual plan to justify every single instance of bad, bad ****.

How reckless and cruel is it for an all-powerful being to drop a thinking and feeling person into a world of rape and murder and starvation and genocide and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome when God doesn't even know just how many times that person will be unconsentually penetrated by roving death squads? If that's his MO then I denounce his right to have any say in what I should do and what my values should be, since he simply cannot be counted on to know what is in my best interest.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 05-23-2016 at 10:48 AM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote