Music Banter - View Single Post - The Islam Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 08:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
kibbeh
kibbeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
Okay. Now that is interesting. I would love to learn more specifics about what you learned from your parents and teachers.
well, in islamic classes they teach you that muhammed was a very loving and peaceful man who was forgiving and merciful. and they keep reinforcing the statement that allah always forgives. always. and that if you have the tiniest speck of faith in god, you will go to heaven.

it was never any of that scary stuff i read online. and whenever we were taught about muslims fighting other groups or religions, it would always be because they attacked first you see. which is of course historically inaccurate. but i suppose the purpose was to teach that it is wrong to start a war just because you feel like it.

that is what fascinates me about jihad for example. westerners are so scared of that word. it literally just means to struggle. as in to struggle to become a better person. and there are 2 types of jihad. the inner jihad as in struggling to become a better person yourself and the outer jihad as in if muslims are in danger for example, you fight for your community.

even in war, there are rules. you are not supposed to harm any civilian. anybody who is not fighting you do not touch. you are not supposed to hurt any religious figure such as a priest, an imam or a rabbi. you are not supposed to hurt women or children or animals or plants or trees or anything living.

as i said. islam is weird and contradictory.
kibbeh is offline   Reply With Quote