Music Banter - View Single Post - Think you know Willie Nelson? Think again.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Silhouette
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
His scene in Beerfest was the stuff of legends.
Have you ever seen his full length movie Honeysuckle Rose? Hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
Willie is in my top 5 favorite country performers along with Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Billy Joe Shaver, and Merle Haggard. Saw him perform live a couple of times in the 90's. I was only a mildly casual listener of his music before I saw him the first time and he made me a fan with his stellar band and his stellar show. He's still out on the road, currently touring at the age of 83.
*Hug*
So happy to see there is another big fan! His concerts are the best, I could see where they made that effect on you. Saw him a couple times as Willie and Family and then once together with Merle Haggard and Asleep At the Wheel in Tulsa, you would have loved that one. So sad about Merle's recent passing, hopefully Willie lives a long time! Its looking like it so far. Still sounds great for sure. And since you are also a Cash fan, I was recently introduced to some of his newer songs (formerly only heard the old, old stuff which I love) and was impressed! You may already know it, but just in case, check this sample out-

Spoiler for Cash Cut You Down: