Music Banter - View Single Post - The White Stripes
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #44 (permalink)
wacky
Music Addict

When Seven Nation Army was at it's top, everyone at school was singing it so I thought I'd buy the cd. Yeah, I liked some of the songs, those that are maybe a little harder but the soft songs were just boring and helped me fall asleep at night.
I never played drums, but I'm sure I could play better the drums than Meg can. She should take lessons to help the band, imo. Jack is alright, he can play guitar, but surely isn't the greatest, seeing as my friend can play his stuff even better. The simplicity of their music is alright, but I guess it can be boring. Those that say they don't have a bassist, that's true, but I heard that when they recorded their albums, they did use more instruments than those used during concerts, like the bass. They said it was harder playing live because they couldn't use other instruments and it can't sound as good. They have a second guitarist, I do believe, for some of the songs, but when they play live, it's only them two.
To all those that say they suck, have you gotten as far as they did? I think not..
wacky is offline   Reply With Quote