Music Banter - View Single Post - College Campuses - A War on Free-Speech and Diversity of Opinion?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 06:09 AM   #159 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
I said this exact same thing hate speech is unconstitutional. Get yourself a lawyer with balls.
I am happy that the federal hate speech law in Canada was shot down as it started to operate as a parallel legal system, you weren't tried in a court of law, but rather forced to attend a government tribunal, whereby a group of bureaucrats would decide if you were guilty.

I guess what disturbs me the most about this video that Goofle originally posted is that these social justice warriors have no idea that their engaging in soft totalitarianism.

They probably just came fresh out of a Critical Race Theory course that has taught them that society is built on a racist white superstructure and therefore anyone who opposes their world view.....like the black woman above.....is inherently racist.

Totalitarianism is the intolerance and suppression of other people's political viewpoints, and is normally the by product of a government or citizens trying to achieve utopia.

I still identify myself as a liberal as in I believe in affordable health care, and the power of labour to organize, but the authoritarian left scares the $hit out of me.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote