Music Banter - View Single Post - College Campuses - A War on Free-Speech and Diversity of Opinion?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #197 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You do realize that a lot of those things, while not as empirical as science, still utilize scientific methods, correct? Also by cutting all of those courses, you lose philosophy, music, art, English, and economics.

The main thing I was laughing at was the lack of whiteness theory's relevancy during the civil war reconstruction, Jom Crow laws, and the war on drugs. It's cute.

Also you should learn what gender means, it looks like you've confused it with sex.
The Jim Crow Laws, are documented historical examples of racism, they do not provide empirical evidence that western civilization is based on a white supremacist superstructure, as whiteness entails.

History (my degree, economics) yes of course use the scientific method, unfortunately there are many theories being propagated in humanities & the social sciences that I don't believe stand up to peer review.

As a taxpayer, I would like to see some departments which do not provide gainful employment or advances in science and technology, scaled back.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote