Music Banter - View Single Post - College Campuses - A War on Free-Speech and Diversity of Opinion?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #205 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Just calling it like I'm seeing it mate.

Well, if you follow critical theory, then it never closes out the opportunity for what you suggest with the whiteness theory being implicitly racist being true. In fact, you could take that same theory and use it to survey and analyze the actions of people who have been taught about whiteness theory because that in itself could be a social construct that they've picked up through education. That's why I said that it's ironic for anyone to teach critical race theory as an absolute, because that theory stems from.
Ok I think I understand your viewpoint, and we'll end it here.

For me it comes down to whether or not the concept being taught by a professor is scientifically sound, and I don't believe that Whiteness or many theories utlizing social construct theories are.

and it may be just coincidence, but everytime I took one of these courses it was run by a Marxist left wing professor, and the material was heavily politically biased. (I honestly don't think they even realize it, I think that their just true believers)...but then again, I may have just had bad luck.

I'm oppossed to the religious right as much as I am the authoritarian left, it is just that the latter appears to be growing in power while the former is diminishing. ...as for people like Milo Yiannopoulos, honestly not a fan, he just happens to be counteracting this stuff.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote