Music Banter - View Single Post - Politics In Music
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 01:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
RATM is one of your all-time favorite bands but you struggle to make it through one of their albums? Weird.

Did you used to agree with their politics but have evolved, and so there's some friction between you and your erstwhile favorite band? Or what? What's going on?
I never agreed with their politics. I struggle to get through their album because I just get tired of hearing what after awhile begins to feel like someone calling me an idiot for not agreeing with them. I love Zach De La Rocha's rap. I think Tom Morello is one of the greatest guitarists out there to date. His style has had a lot of influence on my own guitar playing. Tim Commerford's bass work is just incredible to me. The melding of the four individuals given instruments makes just amazing music. But the lyrical content becomes a nuisance after awhile because of my difference in beliefs. That's all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yeah I have similar issues with S.O.D./M.O.D. I love the music but hate homophobic/racist lyrics. I've heard they're supposed to be ironic but even if that is the case it puts me off the music.
Exactly! It makes me also have to wonder if that is truly a viable option for bands.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote