Music Banter - View Single Post - The Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #607 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Live and let live. If David Bowie wanted to do that at the end of life, then let him. The point of Christianity isn't that Christians are perfect people, but they are people who are humble to know when they are wrong, and humble enough to ask God forgiveness and if they have the chance to ask people they offended for forgiveness too. Conversion can be a long and hard road, it can be an easy road, it can come early in life or late in life. There are rally isn't any rules when how and when it will happen. If David Bowie came to realization he needs help from God, I am not going to fault him. God does not turn away anyone who turns to him in earnest, or sincerely relies on Him.
Why should I ask God for forgiveness for something that isn't his business? I'm not a slave and I owe him nothing. My **** ups are between me and whoever I ****ed over, and not some third party looking down from his high horse, waving his finger in shame.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote