Music Banter - View Single Post - Urbans Classic Albums No 2 The Clash - Sandinistas
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Default Urbans Classic Albums No 2 The Clash - Sandinistas

THE CLASH - SANDINISTAS

I could have gone for London Calling , but thats too easy....

I don`t care what anybody says , i ADORE this album. I don`t think it`s a masterpiece by any means , I don`t even think it`s the Clash`s best album. But to have such a big hit as London Calling and then follow it up with a 6 sided album full of dub, electronica, hip-hop,folk, ballads , motown , soul, skiffle, gospel and everything in between , well quite honestly that takes balls , and to release it at the same price as a normal album , so much for the punks calling them sell outs.
A lot of people hate it , but hey who cares what they think , some of the above mentioned punks even dismissed this as 'prog rock' when it came out. But I would rather have a band who tries & fails than just rehash the same 3 chords of their first album over & over again. Yes it`s huge , yes it`s bloated but strip it away theres a fantastic album under it , even better than London Calling in my opinion if you take best 12 or 13 songs on it . But if you do that you lose the whole fun of this album.This is a great album for putting on & just getting lost in , you just never know whats coming next , even if you`ve played it a lot.
Strummer said before he died there isn`t a single thing on this album he would change , I totally agree with him.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote