Music Banter - View Single Post - The Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 01:31 AM   #719 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
There is an appalling amount of historical ignorance being spewed all over this thread regarding the spread of Islam through violence since its inception. Unbelievable. I guess I'll stop assuming people are actually educated in the basics of world history.
Saying it started from the inception is kind of unfair, yes, since it was your typical tribal war that Muhammad was engaged in without (maybe) the intent to spread Islam. But when you conquer a region and make your new subjects accept your religion under punishment of death, it's a little easier to not leave out the political web that initially increased the Islamic population.

And I remember you talking about the bible as a historical document so maybe you're not as qualified as you think you are in terms of world history. Even theistic scholars of Christianity (well, ideally) try to be realistic and unbiased towards their religion. Try it out sometime.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote