Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #1844 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
But you see that was a different America. And I'm not going to keep telling you. Our government has been hijacked at the top.
Roxy, you are in your mid 30s. That means you were born sometime around 1980 when Reagan first took office. That was the decade of massive financial deregulation. Trickle down economics. Large tax breaks for the wealthy and big business and huge tax increases on the working class. The escalation of the Cold War. Massive military spending - remember Star Wars? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strate...nse_Initiative The start of the complete and utter failure known as "The War on Drugs", a total governmental apathy towards AIDs which led to an epidemic, and the US funneling billions of dollars to fund Islamic groups in the middle east that eventually ended up becoming Al Queda.

I agree, that really was a very different America. I'll take the one we have today over that one.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”