Music Banter - View Single Post - Kedvesem and her LPUC scale
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kedvesem
I like what I like

Default Kedvesem and her LPUC scale

I sometimes wonder if I belong on this forum. I came here originally because I forum-stalk my Sir. But I love music, as deeply as anyone I know, Sir included. I just do not have the broad tastes or the knowledge that he does.

So I doubt that I will write in this journal everyday. But when I have something to say, I will.

One unusual aspect about the way I listen to music, unusual for someone who loves music anyway, is that I rarely get to choose what music I listen to. I spend my mornings either teaching school--which entails no music as it is distracting--or else editing. When I am editing, the children choose the music.

When Sir comes home, we usually continue with his album progress, continuing the alphabetical path.

Pretty much the only time I choose the music is when I am going somewhere by train and take my headphones.

This is part of why I won't be posting every day, for sometimes what I listen to, I will comment on in Sir's thread, in response to what he's said on the album, and sometimes, when the children have chosen the same album for the tenth day in a row, I just have nothing to say. So, with that introduction out of the way, here is what I listened to yesterday.

As it happens, I love Marina and the Diamonds. There is something about Marina's cynicism that appeals to me. I am not often that into girl singers, but sometimes there is a female artist who sings about something I can relate to. Most of them sing about relationships, and that is fine. Humans are relational beings, and therefore relationships are a universal topic for us. But I don't want to hear about a break-up, make-up series or about how she "really likes" a guy or wants to "see his peacock".

Marina does none of those things. There is a richness to her voice and a darkness to her lyrics that combine to really do it for me. I never object when her music is put on. In fact, she rates an L on the LPUC scale.

For those who missed the scale on Sir's journal, here it is:

Music I Love
Music that is Pleasant
Music that is Unobjectionable
Music that is Crap I hate
Kedvesem is offline   Reply With Quote