Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Showdown (Round 8) - Metallica vs Slayer
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Two Spirit
Music Addict

Default Metal Showdown (Round 8) - Metallica vs Slayer

http://www.musicbanter.com/rock-meta...metallica.html

Previously, in Round 7, Metallica edged out Nirvana 10-8. Now to bring the Showdown to full on Metal, James and the gang will be facing off with a band that's very much within their own league, and that is Slayer.

Slayer

This speaks for itself. Let's see how many votes they can tally up against Metallica.

Metallica

Can the best selling Metal band of all time reign supreme for a second round? We shall see.

My Verdict

Personally, even though I find Slayers music to be much heavier and aggressive, as well as the fact that they still release on a semi-regular basis unlike Metallica, I still have to give my vote to 'Tallica, if only for the fact that they've experimented so much more than Slayer has ever cared to do. Each album also has it's own sound and personality, even if it's St. Anger or the abomination Lulu. I can't say the same for Slayer, when most of the tracks off of Repentless sound like they were copy and pasted from any of their previous four albums.

Last edited by Two Spirit; 06-10-2016 at 07:14 AM.
Two Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote