Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Showdown (Round 8) - Metallica vs Slayer
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I like every thing Slayer has ever released. Noticed South of Heaven wasn't mentioned. Masterpiece.

God Hates Us All is a surprisingly fantastic record, imo. Slayer easily demolishes the rest of the Big 4 and imo Metallica is the worst of the bunch.

Don't care if Slayer has become formulaic. Even though I do think they've experimented enough. I don't have any problems with bands sticking to a good formula. AC/DC Ramones Slayer all come to mind. I'm certainly not looking for Lou Reed when I put on Slayer.
I think that album is one of those that was underrated when it first came out, cause everyone was hoping for Reign in Blood Pt. 2, but later on people realized that it was still a solid album, and now that everyone is over that realization we can all agree that it's still too tepid to be a proper Slayer album.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote