Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Instruments
-Squier "fat strat" (H-H)

i dont use the squier anymore because it has a horrible fret buzz. and as soon as i get the explorer, it will become my main guitar for the metal band.
Yeah, I'd also agree that squiers are terrible guitars!!!I had a squier and many things went wrong with it..........I can't even remember what I did with it and I don't care much at all either, ya know?
Good choice there on a "metal" guitar, though!!!I'd probally say that just about any Gibson would be good for metal, but your gibson choice is probally one of the more common "metal" guitars. Here are a few others I'd recommend for metal or anything else:

1.S.G.'s-My absolute favorite guitar, by the way!!!It just sounds so damn good!!!
2.ES335's-Great body and soul comes through this, but I have also played some great (metal) leads on this one.Another great!!!
3.Explorer's-As you said you wanted to get, this guitar will be good for some cool metal riffs.I know you'd be satisfied with it's sound, that's for sure!!!
4.Flying V's.-This guitar is great for electrifying leads and rockin' riffs!!!Not what I'd prefer, but still a great guitar for metal!!!

I wanted to know what the total was for that Explorer and what condition it's in by the way...
...Is it only $400 or was it something like $750 and you needed $400 to "pay it off"?Talk to ya later and have fun, man!!!
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote