Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #3357 (permalink)
kibbeh
kibbeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Nothing says he's not a hypocritical *******. He's a human being after all, but Martin Luther King Jr. was a preacher who ****ed around on his wife. Doesn't change the things he did for his people. Maybe this dude was a hypocrite, but that doesn't necessarily take away from the good that he might be doing. Of course he might just have been a scumbag who just happened to be an Imam. **** is what it is;

So shouldn't you have a little more understanding for someone who obviously puts more space in his life for something that might not be in his best interest? Especially when that thing is so powerful in your culture?
i'm not saying i don't understand. i do but... he should do more than just seek refuge in turkey. now that he is in a safer place he should speak up about the hell that gay 'muslims' go through. i was wishing he would denounce the religion as a whole. not just be like.... yes i married off gay muslim couples. i mean COME ON. i understand the whole... islam can be interpreted in many different ways. and he is definitely not the first muslim to argue that islam isn't against homosexuality but i just kind of wish he had done more since he is speaking publicly and hundreds of thousands of people are listening.

i don't hate him, he does seem like a nice really sad dude. i actually feel really bad for him. being gay as **** and still being an imam thinkin hes gonna go to heaven. i just had higher expectations i guess.
kibbeh is offline   Reply With Quote