Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #347 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by judas_priest
Yeah, it would be amazing to see them on tour! I take it you're A Megadeth and DT fan too. Unfortunately I haven't been to any concerts because I live in Scotland and bands don't seem to come here often. It really sucks.
I saw a couple of tribute bands though which were pretty amazing.

What concerts have you been to in the past year?
I am definitely a megadeth fan and would like to see dt live as well!!!Any chance at seeing megadeth would be great for me, although I would've preferred to see the Marty Friedman times!!!Megadeth and dt are, unfortunately, still on my "waiting list" for concerts!!!
For "last year" concerts that I remember seeing, here ya are:
1.Ted Nugent-No opening bands, just a very long and incredible Ted Nugent performance all night long!!!A great night seeing Ted Nugent play so many great tunes from every part of his career and maybe even every album!!!Just imagine the best performance that you could ever see from Ted Nugent during any part of his career or age and it still wouldn't add up to how great he performed that long, wonderful night!!!This guy will be 90 years old and still kickin' all of the c ocky "rookies" as ses, he's just that good!!!
2.Opeth-Another amazing night that exceeded my expectations/dreams!!!I remember there were some opening bands and the only name I clearly remember right now was Nevermore.Nevermore was a pretty good band that opened up well for Opeth!!!They aren't a band that I'd want to buy an album from at this time, but they weren't just another basic, annoying opener, so cheers to that!!! The show was all about Opeth though!!!I mean, this band was absolutely incredible live!!!There songs were played with all of their dark, heavy and mysterious souls in a way that took them to another level further than they originally sound(ed) on the albums!!!I got chills from a great performance that they pulled off without a hitch that I feel every time I put their records back on to play...
...That concert along with Ted Nugent's were some of the best anyone could ever imagine to see and I'm very glad of that!!!
I could probally say that each ticket was worth the price of the other tickets price being combined and multiplied times 2!!!Honestly, they both were that good!!!

In not so long I'm going to be seeing Sevendust for atleast the 2nd or 3rd time!!!They always put on incredible, intense shows and they are a band that is really worth seeing time and time again!!!I'm especially interested in seeing them (Sevendust) now because they replaced one of the guitarists and did an album with him that is quite great...
...The change of person will be another cool thing to notice in a way that it really is kind of like seeing a new band live again!!!Plus, I just thought of this:
It will be my first concert of the year!!!Have a few drinks, listen to some great music at a concert, party and go home to continue to party...
...Sounds like a good night to me, man!!!
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote