Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metal Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:00 AM   #85 (permalink)
The Overlord
Groupie

i agree totally with merkaba two or three posts up Black SAbbath for there time were really heavy and doom metal or doom rock did not exist they may exist now and back catergorising SAbbath may work that way but why back catergorise they were metal then if it wasnt for them so many bands would never have started and been the metal bands as we know. In 30 years time slayer might be considered soft rock does that mean that there not metal now??
The actual term "heavy metal" was from a quote made by some reviewer of a gig by led zepplen, so if you wanted to really split hairs they would be the premier metal band, personally i dont want that to be true but such is life

Theres been some debate in my circle about genres, now pretending that metal isnt just metal could someone please define the following

DAmaged especially the albums: do not spit and token remedies research what is this? its not grind its not death metal, but its really heavy and really fast and exceptionatly brutal the drummer is debatedly one of the best.
Fantomas they are heavy (****ing heavy live) they have one of the most influnential metal drummers but they arnt considered metal so what are they??
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote